in ,

Study permit In Canda : How to apply Online

Study permit In Canda : How to apply Online
Study permit In Canda : How to apply Online


Study permit In Canda : How to apply Online :

Study permit In Canda : How to apply Online
Study permit In Canda : How to apply Online



How COVID-19 is affecting applications to visit, work or study in Canada

If you meet the criteria for the travel exemptions, and you want to apply to come to Canada, there are changes to the application process.

You can travel to Canada only if you are exempt from the travel restrictions and are coming for an essential purpose.

Get your documents ready

Before you apply for a study permit, you need:

  • an acceptance letter from a designated learning institution (DLI)
  • a valid passport or travel document
  • proof you can support yourself, and any family members who come with you, while you’re in Canada

Find out which documents you need before you apply for a study permit.

COVID-19: Changes to biometrics requirement for in-Canada temporary residence applicants

As a temporary measure, if you’re in Canada and applying to work, study or stay temporarily in Canada, you do not need to give your biometrics. Learn more about the exemption.

Venezuelan passport holders

You may need to complete extra steps when you fill out your application.

How to apply

Generally, you must apply for a study permit before you come to Canada. Some people can apply for a study permit from within Canada. In some cases, you can apply when you arrive in Canada at the port of entry. Make sure you understand which option is available to you.




How applying online helps you

  • No courier fees or mail delivery time – we get your application instantly.
  • Your applications may be processed more quickly.
  • It helps you make sure your application is complete before you submit it.
  • You can quickly submit more documents online (if we ask you to).
  • You get updates on the status of your application directly in your online account

Apply online from outside Canada


Get your study permit faster through the Student Direct Stream

Do you live in China, India, Morocco, Pakistan, the Philippines, Senegal or Vietnam? You might be able to get your study permit faster by applying online through the Student Direct Stream.

Step 1: Make sure you have what you need

To apply online, you’ll need:

  • a scanner or camera to create electronic copies of your documents, and
  • a valid credit or debit card.

Step 2: Read the instruction guide

Even if you apply online, you should read the instruction guide before you complete your application. The guide will explain how to complete each field on the form.

Step 3: Prepare your answers for the online tool

Before you can upload your forms, you must answer some questions. We use your answers to create a personalized document checklist for you.

Step 4: Know the fees you have to pay

In most cases, your fees will include:

  • processing fees for you and anyone you include on your application
  • biometrics

We’ll ask you to pay your fees at the end of your application.

Third-party fees

Depending on your situation, you may need to pay third parties for:

You won’t pay these fees in your online account. You’ll pay them directly to the third party.

Biometrics fee

In most cases, you should pay a biometrics fee when you submit your application. Otherwise you may experience delays. The biometrics fee covers the cost of collecting fingerprints and a digital photo. Find out if you need to give your biometrics.




Step 5: Create your online account or sign in

If you need an eTA or visa

If you need an electronic travel authorization (eTA) or visa, we’ll issue it automatically at the same time as your study permit. You don’t need to apply separately or pay another fee.

You need an account to apply online. You can use your account to:

  • pay your fees
  • submit your application
  • check your status

Create an account or sign in

1-Study permit: After you apply :

1. You need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics)

In most cases, you need to give biometrics. After you pay the biometrics fee and submit your application, we’ll send you a letter that says you need to give your biometrics. The letter will tell you how and where to give your biometrics. You have up to 30 days to give your biometrics in person.

If you didn’t pay the biometrics fee, we’ll send you a letter asking you to do this first. You’ll only get the instruction letter if you pay the biometrics fee.

COVID-19: Biometrics deadline

Some biometrics collection sites are closed. If the site closest to you is closed, we’ll extend your deadline to give your biometrics.

Processing time

Varies by country

You may need to give biometrics with your application. This processing time doesn’t include the time you need to give biometrics.




2. We process your study permit application

We’ll check your application to make sure you have all the necessary documents. If it’s incomplete, we may return your application without processing it.

We may also ask you to:

  • go to an interview with our officials in your country or
  • send us more information

You may also need to get a:

Updating your application

If you move or change your address, telephone number or any other contact information after you apply, you must update your application.

If we approve your application

We’ll send you a letter of introduction. This letter is not your study permit. You need to show it to an officer when you arrive in Canada. We’ll also send you an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a visitor visa (temporary resident visa) to enter Canada.

If you’re from a country where you need an eTA, the letter of introduction will include information about your eTA. Your eTA will be linked to your passport and valid for 5 years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first. It’s important that you travel with the passport you used when you applied for your study permit.

If you’re from a country where you need a visitor visa, the visa will be in your passport. It’ll show if you can enter Canada once or multiple times. You must enter Canada before your visa expires.

If we refuse your application

We’ll send you a letter explaining why.

We may refuse your application if you didn’t:

  • show proof that you have enough money to support yourself while studying in Canada
  • pass your medical exam, if you needed to get one
  • convince the visa officer that your main purpose in Canada is to study or
  • convince the visa officer that you’ll leave Canada at the end of your study period




2-Study permit: Prepare for arrival :

Before you arrive, read the pre-departure guide for tips and information about student life in Canada.

Arriving in Canada

When you arrive in Canada, you’ll meet a border services officer. The officer will:

  • ask to see your passport or travel documents
  • ask you a few questions and
  • make sure you meet the requirements to enter Canada

You may have prove that you’ll leave Canada at the end of your stay.

If you need proof you entered Canada

Your school or training facility may need you to prove you entered Canada. If you need proof of entry, make sure a border services officer stamps your passport before you leave Canadian customs. You may also be able to use a Primary Inspection Kiosk to stamp your passport.

Documents you need

When you meet the border services officer, you may have to show them:

  • a valid passport or travel document
  • the letter of introduction the visa office sent you when they approved your study permit
    • This letter has your permit reference number, which we use to issue your study permit
  • a copy of a valid letter of acceptance from your school
  • proof that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in Canada
  • letters of reference or any other documents the visa office told you to bring and
  • either a valid Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or visitor visa (temporary resident visa)
    • If you have a valid eTA, it’ll be linked to the passport you used to apply for your study permit

Children under 18 should have valid identification with them. The documents a minor child needs to present depend on whether the child is travelling alone or with someone. Find out about the requirements for minor children.

Keep your documents with you

Carry these items and all other valuable papers, cash and traveller’s cheques with you at all times. Do not put them in your checked luggage. You may not be allowed into Canada if any of your documents are missing or if any of the information on your application or letters of reference is incorrect.




How long you can stay in Canada

The officer will stamp your passport and let you know how long you can stay in Canada. Usually, this will match the length of your study permit. Ask questions if you’re unsure about anything.

If there are no problems, the officer will then issue your study permit and let you enter Canada.

You should check your study permit to make sure your personal information is correct and to know when it expires.

You must leave Canada, apply to extend your study permit, or change your status to a visitor or temporary worker by the expiry date.

Disclose your funds

You must tell the border officer if you arrive in Canada with more than CAN$10,000. If you don’t, we may fine you and seize your funds.

This amount can include:

  • cash
  • bankers’ drafts, cheques, traveller’s cheques or money orders
  • securities that belong to you (stocks, bonds, debentures, or treasury bills)

Your study permit conditions

As a study permit holder in Canada, there are a number of conditions you need to meet. If you don’t meet these conditions, you may lose your student status and study permit. You may also have to leave Canada.

Find out what the conditions on your study permit are and what can happen if you don’t meet them.

Working in Canada as a student

Most post-secondary students can work on or off campus during their studies without a work permit. To do this, you need to meet all the requirements and check the conditions on your study permit.

Learn about the requirements for

  • working on campus
  • working off campus
  • working as a co-op student or intern
  • helping your spouse or common-law partner work in Canada
  • staying in Canada after graduation




Travelling outside of Canada

To re-enter Canada if you travel outside of Canada while studying or on leave, you must have a valid:

  • passport or travel document
  • study permit if you’re returning to study in Canada and
  • Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or visitor visa, depending on which document you need

The only exception to needing a valid visitor visa is if you travel only to the United States or St-Pierre and Miquelon and you return to Canada with a valid study permit. This exception doesn’t apply for eTAs.

Remember: your study permit is not a visa.

Health insurance

The Government of Canada doesn’t pay for medical costs for foreign students. Health coverage for foreign students is different depending on where you live in Canada. Contact your school in Canada for information about health insurance.

Report a problem or mistake on this page





One Comment

Leave a Reply

    One Ping

    1. Pingback:

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): International students

    International students In Canda With disease Problems

    Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Foreign workers

    Foreign workers In Canda With disease Problems